INC - candy & family

"I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfullness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth ..." (Ps. 40:10, NKJV)

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Whom I shall remember

When pain rules my spine,
Sending thousands of cruel, stinging sensations,
Threatening to ruin my very being;

When the starless, moonless night gets unbearably cold,
And I'm despised and lost at the crossroads,
And no one cares to show the way;

When my wearied soul weeps in agony,
Against a backdrop of seemingly infinite odds,
As arrows of trials and persecutions pierce my heart;

When I'm thirsty in an arid land looking upward,
Where even birds refuse to sing,
Where nimbus clouds pass without dropping the rain;

When I come to dead ends,
To bridgeless, rushing and turbulent rivers,
That I must cross;

When my strength starts ebbing away.
And even my tears run dry,
And my eyelids become so heavy;

I shall remember that the Lord is my strength,
My light, my guide, my healer,
My joy, my rest, my bridge, and my rain!

And I shall live remembering!

Levi M. Castro
Quezon City, Philippines
-from God's Message (Pasugo) magazine June 2007